Please complete the following information before answering the questions:
1. Hypertension or high blood pressure causes the heart to work harder and may damage the:
all of the below
2. Health risks of being overweight or obese include:
B. high cholesterol
C. insulin resistance
D. Type 2 Diabetes
E. early puberty
F. emotional & psychological problems
G. sleep apnea
H. bowed legs
I. joint problems
J. back pain
K. all of the above
3. Type 2 Diabetes in children has risen from 5% in 1994 to between 39-50% today.
4. Type 2 Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in this country.
5. _________ assume that an "increased risk" of disease related to obesity means that all or even most people will develop these risks.
6. Genetics contributes to metabolic rates, thermogenesis, endocrine function, fat storage, appetite, and satiety.
7. One-third of all children watch ______ or more hours of television a day.
8. The more children sit the more their bodies need to move.
9. At fast food and family restaurants, children are:
getting soft drinks instead of milk
always drinking milk
10. Sugar is added to the majority of all processed foods.
11. Nutrition deprivation before birth may cause an adaptive change causing children to eat less than normal.
12. Restricting foods will cause children to avoid the restricted food whenever it is present.
13. The most important thing to do for all children is to encourage physical activity.
14. Children should be physically active for at least _____ minutes every day.