Health Benefits of Dairy
Please complete the following information before answering the questions:
1. Consuming 3 to 4 servings of milk, cheese and/or yogurt every day reduces the risk of chronic diseases such as ___________________, hypertension and obesity.
2. Dairy foods are the best source of naturally occuring calcium and provides _________ other nutrients including protein, phosphorus, potassium, vitamins D, A and B12, riboflavin and niacin.
3. A diet low in calcium is generally low in other nutrients and is the result of poor food selection, not the unavailability of calcium-rich foods.
4. Children between the ages of 4 and 8 need _______ of calcium a day!
5. Flavored milks such as chocolate and strawberry are simply plain cow's milk that has added flavorings and sweeteners.
6. USDA meals are designed to provide all of the nutrients children need each day. Milk, flavored or plain, is a required part of the menu at ______________________.
All of the listed options